I am so excited about this weekend because it’s one of my absolute favorite weekends of the year–the weekend of our youth’s Battle of the Sexes retreat! In preparation for the weekend, I plan to post this week over topics related to this type of retreat: sex, purity, self-worth, love, dating, and relationships.
A major part of being a leader is preparing the heart for what all God has in store for the students. However, the enemy is fully aware of how necessary it is to get in God’s presence and prepare ones heart just as it’s important to get enough sleep. The enemy’s response is to rob us of those things. Today I ask for prayer from all of my readers. So far my sleep has been taken from me, and every time I’ve tried to dive into the word, I’m bombarded with unneccessary distractions. As of right now my heart isn’t prepared, and I’m finding myself easily frustrated because of it. This happens before every retreat, but something seems different this time, which only tells me that God’s about to do something big this weekend.
Today’s post is far from my typical messages to you as I’m asking for your help by covering me in prayer. I need prayer for the following:
- Sleep — Be refreshed and awakened for the weekend
- Positive Attitude — get rid of any frustration, anger, stress, hardheartedness
- Words — to be able to say what these girls need to hear
- Clean heart — if anything unclean is in my heart, I need it to be revealed so I can get rid of it
- Health (for myself and my family) — I’ve been injured or sick at every retreat except 1, and I want to be at 100% for this weekend
- Focused — not be easily distracted or annoyed with those trying to distract me.
Thank you so much for your prayers, and I hope God can use me to bless you this week with loving and encouraging words about your beauty and worth.