You watched me as I was being formed in
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
Psalm 139:15-16 NLT
God created you with a plan and purpose in mind. Sometimes we allow ourselves to believe the lies of the enemy when he does all he can to break down our confidence causing us to not fulfill those plans. I recently heard Lisa Bevere speak, and she said “Sometimes the enemy is more aware of who you are than you are aware of who you are, and he attacks you out of fear of who you might be.”**
Take a moment to meditate on that statement. The enemy does not want you to be the person you were created to be because that person is powerful and scary to him. That’s right. You scare Satan! Do you know that no one ever told me that when I was younger, so I lived in fear of everything. Walk in confidence knowing who you are in Christ Jesus and that you were created to do something big according to his plans. Don’t allow the enemy to speak those lies to you making you question who you are.
* You are powerful because if you have accepted Jesus as your savior, the same power who raised Jesus from the dead is living inside of you. (Romans 8:11)
* You are powerful because you have been given authority over all the power of the enemy. (Luke 10:19)
* You are strong because you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. (Philippians 4:13)
* You can overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of your testimony. (Revelation 12:11)
* You are an ambassador. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
* You are daughter because he has adopted you into his family. (Ephesians 1:5)
* You are princess because you are daughter of the King of Kings. (1 Timothy 6:15)
**Lisa Bevere, Milestone Church, Milestone Women Summer Splash 2011, June 18, 2011.
4 thoughts on “Every Moment Was Laid Out”
God is really using you to minister his word!!! This is another one that I will save to pull back up when I need a reminder and motivation to fight off the enemy when he “tries” to attack!!
Thank you, girl! I’m trying to prepare for my first event that’s coming up by working on a short devotional that goes along with a song Betsy wrote, and this is what I wrote for it today. I thought I should share it with you all. I’m glad it spoke to you.
Thank you for writing this post. The most poignant and relevant part is when you discuss why Satan works so hard to destroy us and how we should combat him with Truth.